The department of Electrical Engineering at NPSEI Pithoragarh offers a vibrant environment for undergraduate education and research in Electrical Engineering. Established in 2011, the vision of the department is to provide the leadership to enable India’s excellence in the field of Electrical Engineering. The department is committed to advancement of the frontiers of knowledge in Electrical Engineering and to provide the students with stimulating and rewarding learning experience.The research interests of the faculty members encompass a wide gamut of sub-disciplines of Electrical Engineering. Collaboration with faculty members from other disciplines, both within and outside the institute, is encouraged. The research activity of the department includes fundamental research, sponsored and consultancy projects, and is carried out with active participation of the students, faculty, staff and research engineers. The Department has specialization in research areas such as: control system, power system, power quality, and power electronics. The department faculties have several patents, publications and sponsored industry projects to their credit. Over the years, the graduating students have gone on to occupy key positions in education, science, and industry and government administration in India and abroad. Over a span of six years, the department has been successful in attracting some of the best minds in the country, both in the student and teaching community. In the future, the department hopes to extend its research into newer areas like Power Electronics ckts, quality, renewable, smart grid, smart metering, HVDC, High Voltage, Special Machines, Devices…new devices, modeling, lithography…MEMS, Nanotech, materials etc. Communication…analog, digital, high speed, Signal Processing: speech, audio, image, video, Networking, cryptography, processor design, OS, databases.
- To offer good quality Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate and Doctoral programmes in electrical and electronics engineering
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contribute to achieve excellence in teaching-learning, research and development activities
- To bridge the gap between industry and academia by framing curricula and syllabi based on industrial and societal needs
- To provide suitable forums to enhance the creative talents of students and faculty members
- To enable students to develop skills to solve complex technological problems of current times and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the faculty and students.
- To become a school of excellence that brings out civil engineers with high technical competencies and promotes high-end research to meet the current and future challenges in civil engineering.