The Computer Science & Engineering department offers courses leading to a Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering. The department has qualified and experienced faculty members in the areas of Computer Architecture, Database Systems, Image Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Wireless and Sensor Networks, Computer Networks, and Software Engineering.
There is widespread interaction between the Computer Science and Engineering department and various other departments like Electrical Engineering & Electronics Engineering in the field of teaching and research. The overall personality of the students is taken care keeping in mind the following aspect:
1. To provide a sound academic and technical infrastructure augmented with extracurricular facilities to ensure the all round development of the students.
2. To mould the technical mindset of the students according to the dynamic technological innovations.
3. To produce professionally qualified engineers who stand at the cutting edge of the technology and provide an impetus to the global economy.
The laboratories are using Windows 10 and LINUX 8.0 operating systems. The language supported by teaching staff are C, C++, VC++, Java, .Net, PL/SQL, etc. so that students should be aware about market competence. The CSE Department undertakes many projects in the area of Mobile Computing, Digital Image Processing, Web technology, Computer Network including Securities for Internet & Intranet. The students develop application software as well as system software’s.
Spacious lecture rooms with well equipped latest learning facilities are major concern of the Institute. It also facilitate modern network lab, well stocked library providing a scope to students to learn and experience well.
The department organizes different workshop and conferences.The department has recently organized an International Conference on Big Data and Computational intelligence. And now it is going to organize a workshop on Android App Development from 03-07 June 2018.
- To provide quality education to meet the need of profession and society.
- Provide a learning ambiance to enhance innovations, problem solving skills, leadership qualities, team-spirit and ethical responsibilities Establish Industry Institute Interaction program to enhance the entrepreneurship skills.
- Provide exposure of latest tools and technologies in the area of engineering and technology.
- Promote research based projects/activities in the emerging areas of technology convergence.
Mr. Jaydeep Kishore
Research:Image processing ,big data,computation.
Ms. Himadri Vaidya
Research:Digital Image Processing and Machine Learning
Mr. Sriniwas Pandey
Research: Machine Learning, Algorithms.
Mr. Mohd Mursleen
Research Interest:ECC WSN
Mr. Hemant Kumar
Research: Cryptography, Data mining
Mr. Puneet Verma
Dr. Naveen Chandra
Profession: Assistant Professor
Research: Cognitive computing, Image Processing,Remote sensing
N.P.S.E.I Pithoragarh allows the students to have in-depth practical knowledge and also get updated on the current technologies in the industry. The students have practical experience in the following areas:
- Computer Programming Lab
- Data structure Lab
- Computer Numeric Technique Lab
- Computer Organization Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Database Management Lab
- Object Oriented System Lab
- Computer Graphics Lab
- Computer Networks Lab
- Compiler Design Lab
- Algorithm Lab
- Operating system Lab